1. Awake, my soul, and with the sun
thy daily stage of duty run;
shake off dull sloth, and joyful rise
to pay thy morning sacrifice.
2. Redeem thy mis-spent time that’s
And live this day as if thy last;
Improve thy talent with due care:
For the great day thyself prepare.
3. Let all thy converse be sincere,
Thy conscience as the noon-day
Think how all-seeing God thy ways
And all thy secret thoughts surveys.
4. Wake, and lift up myself, my
And with the angels bear thy part,
Who all night long unwearied sing,
High praise to the eternal King.
5. Glory to thee, who safe hast kept
And hast refreshed me whilst I
Grant, Lord, when I from death shall wake,
I may of endless light partake.
6. Lord, I my vows to thee renew:
Disperse my sins as morning dew:
Guard my first springs of thought
And with thyself my spirit fill.
7. Direct, control, suggest, this day,
All I design or do or say;
That all my powers, with all their
In thy sole glory may unite.
The following Doxology should be
used at the end of either part:
8. Praise God, from whom all ble
Praise him, all creatures here below
Praise him above, angelic host,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.